Pages

Sunday 26 February 2012

Crocheting a Rug

Our bathroom needed a new rug, the old one was years old, faded and so full of kitty litter that I was afraid to put it in the washing machine. I found instructions on how to crotchet a rug after I taught myself to crochet before Christmas and did a few baskets. A few too much, that is, since my right hand was overworked and hurt for a few weeks ;P Now I couldn't stand looking at the pretty yarns any more! I had ordered lots of yarn for the baskets and the same type was fine for a rug.

I used a pattern, it's basically this with some holes in it (I'm new to crocheting, can you tell?) but the one I had is this (it's in Finnish only, sorry!), I only made it smaller. You can make the bulky yarn from old t-shirts, if you want to.

Here's my rug! It's about 60cm in diameter and took me maybe three hours to do. I got blisters but my hands don't hurt, so I went better than with the baskets ;) I improvised some parts and the centre is somehow deformed, but I think it's still fine. As long as it doesn't curl up in any direction, I'm happy!


3 comments:

  1. Love this! We need some little area rugs, and I've been trying to motivate myself to pick some out - screw that, I'm going to crochet some for us. And then they'll be perfectly what I want, instead of "close enough." You are a smart, smart lady. And talented!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it! It was fun and didn't take too long, the bulky yarn is fast to crochet :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...