Pages

Wednesday 5 February 2014

Some Velvet Morning

Just a few face pics from the weekend. The light was so lovely, cool and clear. I've been quite busy with work and studies lately, I'm working on the plan for my thesis and trying to handle a few last courses. After an exam tomorrow I only have two more courses to go, plus the two I'm working on right now.


Also my plans for a kitten have progressed! My other half and I went to see some oriental kittens a while back and I was totally in love with one, but he wasn't so fond of the breed that he would want another one. I would of course have wanted the cute little kitten, but it's a big commitment, so we went looking for another breed that would suit us better. The other half wants a traditional looking cat and I'm into the sleek orientals and Siamese, and the new cat should be very active so our current oriental gang wouldn't piss it off ;P My friend Nina suggested a Bengal cat, and it seemed like a perfect choice!

Exotic looking spots, very highly active, and doesn't have a very long or short nose, looks like a cat like my other half would say ;) Coincidentally, a few weeks into the plan of looking for a suitable Bengal kitten, a friend of ours who works for a pet rescue organization sent us a message that they have a few Bengals that had just come in. Seems like a sign from a higher force, right? So now we have six month old rescue Bengal reserved and will get to know the cat better once it has settled in the foster home it now lives in. I'm hoping this is the kitty for us! We are already picking names ;P


So that's my life nowadays, cats, work and studies! My other half set up the new hard drive he got me for Christmas and my comp now powers up in just a few seconds, perfect for impatient/busy people like me who tend to close down the machine and only then remember there was something more to do. I also got my mom's old iPad as a present, so now I'm playing HayDay like there's no tomorrow ;P I'd like attend dance lessons more often, but they don't agree with my schedule so I've promised myself more dancing once the studies are done. I hate studying and working full time at the same time, it's so stressful! But that's why I've decided to be done with it, finally. If nothing unexpected happens, I'll graduate at the latest next year's spring, or maybe this year's Christmas if I'm really industrious.


PS. I have no idea why my hair looks like it has a huge tangle in it, it didn't! And it just doesn't want to keep the green shade, it washes off in a few washes and leaves only blue behind.

6 comments:

  1. Sielläkin perheenlisäystä karvaisessa muodossa! :3 Onnea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiitos! Mä oon niin huono odottamaan, haluisin katin just nyt ja heti, mutta eiköhän se tän kuun aikana saavu. Opettaa kärsivällisyyttä!

      Delete
  2. You look lovely. :) I hope you'll like your kitten!

    x Dawn
    www.wickedlypleasant.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so excited about the kitten, I wish it would be ready to move to live with us already!

      Delete
  3. Bengals are great cats! (and now I'm gonna have the old Hazlewood/Nancy Sinatra "Some Velvet Morning" song stuck in my head)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I was the only one who always gets the song stuck ;D I have high expectations for the kitty, can't wait to get it home!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...