Pages

Saturday 8 March 2014

Tooth Necklace and Tattoos

Good morning! I was up early feeling energetic, and despite the pounding rain in the morning, the day seems to be going in a great direction, as there's even a little sunlight. I'm so proud of myself because I started writing my thesis seminar essay last night and continued today, and there's still lots of time before the deadline.

The raccoon dog necklace has been the only item I've bought this month. Yet.
It's second hand.

Today my plans included going shopping for furniture to use and hide kitty litter boxes, eating at a restaurant and continuing writing. I'm really feeling the spring, I've gotten rid of a lot of old stuff and the apartment now has so much room! Mainly around my dancing pole since I sold the old dining set that was very rarely used ;P But my last gecko is going to a new home tomorrow and the aquarium goes on Monday, so out with the old and in with the new! I've tried to be very frugal (aside from the tattoo and because of the tattoo) and I've only bought one item this month. Well if you exclude the sketch pad and top and skirt that are for a project, but projects don't count, right? ;D

And now on to the tattoo pictures! It's still a bit red and sore, but healing well. Here's pics from almost all directions. It's still missing colours and the lace background. In the front there's a rose and a lily, then around the back a bird skull with another rose. I was silly and didn't get a picture of the cat skull that's on the side closest to my body, but you can see part of it in the last picture. It has it's jaws open, which is perfect, my cats are very vocal so the skull is clearly saying a very loud meow ;D There's also a pearl string connecting the elements. I'm still contemplating on adding a moth there somewhere, but I'm sure my thoughts will clear before the next appointment.

You can see the tooth theme continues with my skirt! It's by Iron Fist.






12 comments:

  1. I love your tattoo! The colours are like I think I would like to have on mine if I get it coloured one day. I went to a tattoo show with my friend and now I really want to get mine coloured, although I always liked it black and white before. Of course, I worry that then it will show even more obviously through shirts, and since I am still doing job interviews, that isn't great. Well, it's not like I have the money, anyway :) And I already have plans beginning for more, that I can't afford and probably don't even have space for! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's good to plan for a long time, you can't go wrong with that! Black and white tattoos are very nice, but I felt like I need some colour!

      Delete
  2. Everything about these photos is wonderful-- I wish I could see the tattoo a little closer, but from what I can see, it looks spectacular! I love the combination of flowers and bones/skulls lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll take closer pics, I just need to get a good one of the cat skull with its jaws open, it's so cool!

      Delete
  3. I would SO have sleeves if it wouldn't break my mother's heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might be a horrible daughter, but I think my mom can decide for her own skin and I can decide for mine. But to each their own, it's a precious gesture to take into consideration your mother's wishes :)

      Delete
    2. She cried when I got my first one (which can be covered by a kumquat!) and got angry at my second (which could be covered by a lime). I can just live out my fantasies through others and let my poor mother breathe easier!

      Delete
  4. Kuvittelenko vai onko käsi turvoksissa tuoreen tatuoinnin kohdalta?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kyllä se varmaan vähän on turvonnut, mulla tatuointikohta aina vähäsen kerää nestettä pariksi päiväksi. Erityisesti tossa kuvassa missä linnunkallosta näkyy puolet näkyy miten turvotus vähän vääristää käsivarren linjaa. Kuvissahan se on vasta kaksi päivää vanha, että iho ei ollut vielä edes ehjä. Nyt päivänä viisi ollaan ihanassa kuoriutumisvaiheessa ja kutittaa tuhottomasti!

      Delete
  5. wow, this tattoo is so pretty! I hope you won't have to hide this beauty for your job. It's great to have good career with tattoos (my dream lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I work in an office where tattoos are fine, I consider myself very lucky :) At least one other person in our tiny company has a full sleeve and a few have piercings, it seems to be normal in the games industry.

      Delete
  6. The tattoo looks fantastic! It will look awesome when it is coloured in!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...