Pages

Thursday 25 September 2014

Nyx Soft Matte Lip Cream in Copenhagen Review

I needed some new lovely things after being sick (and very frugal! I only shopped at the pharmacy getting medicine ;D) for half of the month. So I made an order to Cherry Culture and got some Nyx lip thingies to make me happy.

This is Nyx Soft Matte Lip Cream in the shade Copenhagen. It's a dark wine red that can be worn with just one layer for a slightly lighter look and here I've put on two thin layers.

Copenhagen
Soft Matte Lip Cream on the right.

As the name says the product is matte. At first I thought I didn't like it, because I applied it and waited for the few minutes that it usually takes for liquid matte lippies to set. After that time the shade still wasn't right, it was lighter than in product pictures, and the product had a slight sheen and was very prone to smudging and leaving prints everywhere my lips touched.

A few minutes after application. Notice how the shade is lighter and there's a sheen, it's not matte.
Oh well, I thought, at least it was pretty cheap. But them after ten or so minutes, the product did actually set: the shade became darker, finish matte and it left only very light prints. After applying a second coat and letting it set too the finish was gorgeous, dark and truly matte.

The second thing that really impressed me was the staying power. I went through a day at work, quick visit to the university and a sushi lunch with only minimal wear in the center of the lips!


Unlike many of my other long lasting lip products, Nyx Soft Matte Lip Cream is quite light on the lips and doesn't wear of in small pieces. It's one of the most comfortable long lasting lippies I've tried and Copenhagen is a very dramatic shade, just my style!

Pros

+Large selection of shades
+Very comfortable to wear for a long lasting product
+Easy to apply with the doe foot applicator it comes with
+Can be layered for a darker look
+Only minimal smudging
+Very long lasting

Cons

-Takes some time to set
-Hard to apply evenly when layering if lower layer isn't totally dry
-Availability, Nyx is not sold in Finland to my knowledge
-Can get you in the mood for travelling (I want to go to Copenhagen! :D)

13 comments:

  1. Hmm..vaikuttaa vähän hankalalta, mutta lopputulos on kyllä kerrassaan upea! ❤

    ~ Frillycakes ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tää oli kyllä tosiaan mun makuuni! Sillä että odottelee kymmenisen minuuttia saa värin joka kestää koko päivän :)

      Delete
  2. That's a great review! I prefer matte lips so I have to look for this brand. thank you for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to be able to help! I really like this product, I didn't expect it to be this good to be honest ;D

      Delete
  3. What a great colour! Interesting how long it needs to set... Maybe I'll try it if I find it in a store. Thank you for sharing!
    ~Tea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nyxin huulipunia saa tilattua ainakin Pretty.fi verkkokaupasta, valikoima on tosin siellä melko pieni :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tätä tuotetta ei näytä ainakaan juuri nyt olevan valikoimissa, mutta kivoja Butter Glosseja näkyy olevan, kiitos vinkistä!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...