Pages

Monday 15 April 2013

Fyrinnae Diabolic Masquerade Review

With my last order I also bought two Lip Lustre samples. I'm usually not a big fan of liquid lipstick, since it needs to be re-applied so often, but I was interested in this colour. It's called Diabolic Masquerade and described as "Dark, vampy, and perfect if you're tempted by black lipcolours, but don't want the harshness or grey tones. Diabolic Masquerade is black, but enhanced with subtle glowing red shimmer to offset the darkness."

Fyrinnae suggests it the medium and dark skintones, but I think it works fine with my pale skin, too. The shade looks a lot more black IRL, the camera picked up the shimmer very well. It's not black and looks rather like dark brown on a quick glance. I suggest using a lip liner with this shade, it does bleed a little.



Pros
+ dark but with shimmer, quite unique
+ a good alternative for black lips, if you don't want opaque colour
+ nice texture
+ doe-foot applicator is precise and easy to handle

Cons
- not opaque, this means hard to get even on light lips
- not very long lasting (about 1,5 hours on my lips)
- the shimmer does not show very well in artificial light

13 comments:

  1. Wow, this colour is absolutely stunning, it definitely works well with your skintone !

    Have a lovely day !
    Charlie xx
    http://charliesmakeupboxes.blogspot.fr/
    http://charlieslifeexplorations.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the lovely comment :)

      Delete
  2. wow what a gorgeous shade!
    can wait to see it more often :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm so used to staying in my comfort zone with purple lippies that this is going to be fun to work with :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for doing a review of this one, Karoliina! I've been tempted by this for ages but never quite had the nerve to just buy it. It's really gorgeous and a really great alternative to just black lip colour. It's a shame it didn't last too long though, I hate reapplying as well. I've found that most of the other lip lustres last a good few hours - unless I eat, of course!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to be of help! It's a really nice shade, but looks quite different from Fyrinnae's own picture. It's understandable, since their pic is of the lustre in the bottle. I hope you like it if you get it!

      Delete
  4. What a gorgeous dark colour. If they still do samples I might have to get one to try it out myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got this only a few weeks ago, so I'm pretty sure there's still samples available. They come in tiny little tubes, very cute!

      Delete
  5. lovely colour (●´∀`●)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooooo yummy! That is a bloomin' gorgeous vampy colour! I bet it would look even nicer with MACs Night Moth liner underneath and absolutely perfect for Autumn.. I'm already wishing for that wonderful season! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Using a matching liner underneath sounds like a great idea! I might have to have a look if eBay could offer me one Night Moth... Thanks for the tip! :)

      Delete
  7. looks lovely, but I suck at applying lipstick so I stay with lip gloss :D Maybe one day.... when I learn to outline my lips.. :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...