Pages

Saturday 28 December 2013

Fudge Smooth Shot Conditioner and Shampoo Review

I received a shampoo and a conditioner from the blog meet a few months back. I've been using both a lot so I can finally write a review!

Fudge in a fairly new series in Finland, but I remember it from way back, because they also do hair dyes in wild colours. I've used a few of those years ago, back them they had to be ordered from abroad.

The stylist at the meet chose these products for my hair and I think he got it right. They are very moisturizing and as the name says, make you hair smooth. The Smooth Shot shampoo and conditioner both say they have heat protecting agents and well as moisturizing, so they would help when using hot tools with your hair. I can't say I've noticed the effect, but then again I always use a spray-on heat protector when working with curling irons or flat irons.

Fudge Smooth Shot Conditioner and Fudge Smooth Shot Shampoo.


The Packaging
The bottles are white with black, orange and silver print. They are nice to handle and the caps open easily and can be opened with just one hand. The can be easily distinguished from each other by the different colour on the cap: the shampoo has an orange cap and the conditioner a dark grey one. The only thing I don't like is how the conditioner gets stuck under the cap and dries to a yellowish colour. It's only a visual thing, you can still squeeze the product out normally and it does't stink or anything like it, just looks a bit untidy.

The Product
Both shampoo and conditioner are creamy white. The shampoo is easy to spread on your scalp and foams well. The moisturizer is pretty basic, and I think my bleached hair now needs a stronger one, but for normal hair it works fine. In defence of the hair stylish I have to say that when he chose the products for me, I still had purple hair and it was not as damaged as now. Both of the products have a sweet vanilla smell that's pretty strong but doesn't stay in the hair.

The conditioner dries yellow under the cap.
Pros
+ Sleek and pretty packaging
+ Caps can be used with one hand
+ Product does what it promises
+ 300 ml of product per bottle lasts a long time
+ The smell doesn't stay on hair, you can use perfume afterwards

Cons
- The icky yellow dried conditioner
- Conditioner is a bit too weak for heavily bleached hair

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...