Pages

Friday 9 September 2016

Bridal Jewellery by Lumissa's Purple Octopus

I had originally planned to use some old jewellery for the wedding, but when I got to thinking about what sort of a hairdo I'd like, I noticed that some kind of a hair accessory would be a very good addition since I don't have a veil. And naturally a nice hair accessory needs matching earrings. And a necklace.

So in the end I was looking for a whole set of jewellery ;D I immediately though of my friend Tiia, who runs Lumissa's Purple Octopus, and her lovely crystal tiaras and necklaces. I have a thing for tiaras, so it's no wonder I own two of her raw crystal creations, as well as a necklace and a pair of earrings. Luckily Tiia was immediately on board when I asked her if she would be interested in making me a few pieces for the wedding, and she's super fast! On Tuesday we met and discussed of what kind of pieces would work well with my dress, and today, on Thursday, I got the first pictures of the hair accessory and earrings. And they are perfect!

Photo by Lumissa's Purple Octopus
Tiia did an amazing job with these pieces, they are just right! The hair piece needs to have more bling that the other jewellery, as it's on the back of my head and my dress has a corset top so the top of my back is bare and without decoration. In the front the necklace and earrings need to be more toned down, as the lace decoration of the front of the dress needs some room. I really like the roughness of the crystals combined with the glass beads and silver details, everything seems to be in perfect balance. I'll post pictures of the complete set and of course of it worn, too, but wanted to give you a little peek into how things proceed! That and the fact that I'm super excited for this project :)

8 comments:

  1. Oih, on kyllä aivan upean kauniita koruja! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wau, niin upeita! Varsinkin nuo kristallit kun jokainen niistä on yksilöllinen eikä samasta muotista :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiitos paljon! Mä tykkään just samasta, että on vähän erilaisia muotoja ja aika rouheaa muotokieltä muutenkin, näyttää tosi kivalta!

      Delete
  3. Breathtaking! Just perfect! I covet them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't wait for the set to be finished!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...